...and The Work of Byron Katie
“A mind unquestioned is the world of suffering.”
The Work of Byron Katie is a process that clears the mind. It is one of the most powerful methods ever devised to end human suffering. It is simple, radical and life changing, and it can lead to a life of freedom and joy that most of us can’t even imagine yet. Everyone can do The Work. It requires no religious, no spiritual or intellectual preparation, no belief and no psychological acuteness – just a desire to re-know the simple truth about yourself. The Work consists of putting any stressful thought that you have against the following four questions and turnaround:
- Is it true?
- Can you absolutely know that it’s true?
- How do you react when you think that thought?
- Who would you be without the thought?
Turn the thought around.
Inquiry Circle is an excellent way to experience the power of The Work in a group setting. Inquiry Circle is done on stressful universal beliefs. It is often done in a “round-robin” format so that each person has a chance to be both the facilitator and the client. As two people are working, the other members of the Circle “witness” and work internally on the same belief.
Examples of common underlying beliefs:
- There is something wrong with me.
- Something terrible is going to happen.
- I need to make a decision.
- My life should have a purpose.
- Life is unfair.
- People should be more loving.
- My past determines my future.
- Life is dangerous.
- I’ll never get what I really want…. ETC.
On-going Inquiry Circles are not currently being held at OneCircle.
For information about Inquiry Circles in the DC area, or to form a one-time or on-going Circle in your home or meeting place, please contact Tania at OneCircle Center.
Longer workshops on The Work and one-to-one facilitation are available.